Howard University is proud to present:
The ASAM Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder Course
Saturday, August 26, 2017
The Louis Health Science Library
501 W Street. N.W.
Washington, DC 20059
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
This FREE 8-hour live course is being offered as part of the Howard University Prescribers Training and Capacity Building Assistance Program, which aims at increasing the number of providers in primary care settings to treat opioid use disorder in the District of Columbia to establish a sustainable opioid addiction treatment provider network in DC. The course covers treating opioid use disorder by using interactive, case-based learning to teach evidence-based practices. This course is SAMHSA-approved and meets the requirements needed to obtain the waiver to prescribe buprenorphine in office-based treatment of opioid use disorders. Honorarium and meals will be provided.
The ASAM Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder Course is designed for:
· Licensed physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who plan to obtain a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine in oﬃce-based treatment of opioid use disorders in Washington, DC.
· Must be licensed in Washington, DC or plan to practice in Washington, DC.
Our case-based learning format will show you how to apply this new knowledge. You will learn how to:
· Apply for a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine to their patients with opioid use disorders
· Identify and assess patients who are appropriate for treatment with medications
· Have specific knowledge concerning the use of medications to manage patients with addiction involving opioid use
· Discuss the psychiatric and medical co-morbidities associated with opioid addiction
ASAM is a SAMHSA-approved provider of the 8-hour training for physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants needed to obtain the waiver to prescribe buprenorphine. ASAM also provides the additional 16 hours that are required for NPs and PAs.
The Howard University training and capacity building assistance Program is funded by the District of Columbia Department of Health.
Learn more and Register For FREE